PT Cruiser Multifunction Switch

Tomorrow, I'm taking the PT Cruiser into Fury Motors in Inver Grove Heights to get the multi-function switch replaced. I tried to get it fixed about a year ago at Save More Auto in Rosemount.

The fog lights, head lights and turn signals are controlled through the multi-function switch on the steering column. The switch part on the unit that would control the fog lights wouldn't turn the lights off (even when the car was off). I pulled the fuse for the fog lights so it
wouldn't drain the battery.

I took the car to Save More Auto, and they had ordered the OEM part from Chrysler for my make and year of my car. The tried it and the fog lights worked but the turn signals didn't. The rechecked the part number to make sure they hadn't ordered the wrong item.

They had thought that the item was defective so the got two more and both of those multi-function switches did the same thing. Tim (the owner of Save More Auto) said I best take it to a dealer, because the only way the could get it to work is to rewire the wiring harness to the switch and we agreed that wouldn't necessarily be the best way to getting it working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Be a friend, subscribe and follow my blog!