The Friday of someone possessed on fixing their computer.

WARNING!!!
Please read the August 3rd 2006 post prior to reading this post.
You will get more out of this.


I talked to some Windows IT people at work about the IE problem. They suggested that I might have to either download and install Beta IE7 or take my computer into the Geek Squad.

Z and I found a phone number for Microsoft. We paid the $35 for the consult. I spent about 3 hours with him as we went through the procedures. This is all what he instructed us to do.

NOTE: Restarting this XP Home Edition Compaq takes close to 15 minutes!
  1. Restart computer
  2. Uninstall IE through Uninstall Window Components.
  3. Restart the computer
  4. Install the IE - Still couldn't type in IE address bar
  5. Shut off computer
  6. Start computer by getting into safe mode - Couldn't get into safe mode
  7. Uninstall the HP printer drivers (wasn't using them anyways)
  8. Restart
  9. Check to see if HP drivers are uninstalled
  10. Go to start - Run Programs and then type msconfig... Couldn't type in anything there as well.

Finally tech guy put me on hold for about 5 minutes. When he got back on the phone, he stated that I would need to find the Windows XP Home Edition CD. I don't have one. I explained to him. They never gave one to me with the computer. He said that I could use one from a friend. Perhaps My brother or Dad has a copy. We decided that we would contact each other on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Be a friend, subscribe and follow my blog!