Was having trouble - Couldn't type in Internet Explorer

Read this post before you read the posts on August 4 and 5th.

Tonight something interesting happened to my computer. For some reason, in Internet Explorer (IE), I wasn't able to type anything in the address bar or on any web pages. This means that I couldn't post a message, search on google or anything.

Fortunately, we have two computers that are networked together so I was able to search on the working computer for what would cause this.

One recommendation on the internet was to do a system restore. I felt that was a drastic measure and wanted to do that at the last resort. Other sites stated that some malicious Spyware or Hijack program was the culprit. So I updated and ran both Spybot Search and Adware and they found no problems.

I tried going to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Browsing Uncheck the Enable 3rd party browser extensions - Still no help.

It was working a few days ago so I resorted to Restoring my computer to an earlier time. I went back one week. Still no help.

I finally found out that there were some issues with a Microsoft Internet Update named kb908531. The post was from April 2005 but I was running out of options. The post said that it should be removed, So I removed it.

It is around 11:30 pm and I'm tired and I am going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Be a friend, subscribe and follow my blog!