Winter Car Wash

This morning I washed and waxed my car. Washing a car in Minnesota in the winter can be a bit tricky. Especially if the car is normally parked outdoors. If you wash you car on a cold day and leave it outdoors your doors and locks will freeze up. If you wash your car on a mild day, the water from melted puddles of snow and slush will spray onto your car from others cars.

We only have a one car garage for our house so in the winter the only opportunity to wash my car is on my Friday off. I washed my warmed up car at the car wash when it was just below 30 degrees and then drove it right into the garage. The blower at those auto wash places never seem to get the car dry enough. Once the car is in the garage I need to wipe the car down. I gave the car's finish a good wax with some Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax. I didn't have to apply that much to the surface of the car. I know this Meguiar's wax in this can I bought will last me a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Be a friend, subscribe and follow my blog!