It looks as though the guts just came pouring out. PART 2

Last night Z and I backing up all the files we use in the Windows ME drive. Today I got the address, calendar and the POP3 working in outlook in the Windows XP computer.

The Windows XP computer is opened with a hard drive hanging out the side. It looks as though the guts just came pouring out.

To get the Outlook's address book and calendar, I had to find the outlook.pst file on the drive and import them into Outlook. I also found out that the archives.pst are just old e-mails. I just called my ISP and they talked me though getting the POP3 service into Outlook.

Now that I got everything working in one computer I proceed to fix the other.

I downloaded a program (for free) called Keyfinder from http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

I tested it on the XP computer and It found the XP product key. It also found the product key for other Microsoft products as well.

After several unsuccessful attempts to coax the Windows Product key out of the ME drive I figured that now I can try a restore.

I followed the commands from the text file I found in the ME computer.
At the command prompt I typed: scanreg /restore and then pressed ENTER.

I rebooted it and....
Windows ME worked.

Back to two fully functional computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Be a friend, subscribe and follow my blog!