Three Rainbows on one day in Farmington Vermillion River.

Today I went trout fishing in Farmington. I mainly used one type of fly. The Woolly Bugger fly. I started just before 8 am.

I had caught the first one in a part of the stream that there were bubbles in the water. I would have liked to keep it but I didn't have anything to put it in. I put it back into the water. After I lost my leader I decided to go back to the car and change reels. I grabbed some bags in case I caught another one. I went to the same spot and an about 15 minutes later I caught my second trout. This was about 9 am. I bagged the trout and put it into the ice cooler in my car.

I went down by the trestle bridge in the park. I fished up stream from someone or a while. He had asked me if I had caught any. I told him that I had caught two so far and that I had never caught any under this bridge. I figure I try it like always I give it a try. It's a nice location except for the low power lines.

I said that I had caught the two deeper in the park. He left by the way that I had come in to the park.

I went to the spot under the power lines where he had no luck and then I caught my third rainbow.

I think that my success was better earlier in the morning. As it got closer to noon I had less success. I have heard that trout feed more actively in the early morning and the lat evening. I have to try it again either earlier in the morning or later in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Be a friend, subscribe and follow my blog!