Hastings Chessperadoes.

Tonight, Jack and I had our second chess club meeting. The guy name Tom showed up as a volunteer. Tom is related to one of my wife's co-workers. Tom has competed in many tournaments and used to be rated. I believe if he continues to participate he could be valuable in teaching the kids. I suggested to Tom that in a couple weeks he could introduce the kids to a new chess opening,

I tried to teach the kids how to do chess notation. I believe that kids learning chess notation is important because if they were to read any chess books knowing notation makes those books easier to read. They hat chess notation. I told the kids that if they notated one of their games they can each get some candy. They were all for that.

Next Tuesday Jack is going to do a presentation on tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Be a friend, subscribe and follow my blog!