Open House and 25th Class Reunion

Yesterday, Z and I went to Z's cousin's open house. They have a beautiful home not far from ours. We had a few beers.

Zoey (Z's sister) and I played some pool and then Dan, Dan's friend and I threw some dart games. Even though I won both games Dan and his friend are worthy dart throwers and I could call either for subs on my dart league.

Dan and Kelly (the new home owners) are Karate enthusiast and have numerous trophies. Dan works for a law publishing company.

Then, we proceeded to go to my 25th class reunion. It was at farm in Hastings. Some people have done well for themselves. A buddy, Duane, who used to play bass guitar with me in a band I used to be in, is happily married and owns a duplex in Edina. I'm happy for him and his wife.

Duane mentioned that Dave, one of the other guys in the band was married with kids and living in River Falls, Wisconsin. I'm glad he's doing well too.

Some people still after 25 years are just dealing with the same issues. At the bonfire a woman, I knew well in high school, was lamenting over her lack of money and that she was having trouble getting a wheelchair for ailing mother. During high school she always worried about affording help for her mother. I believe that there are ways of getting help for people who need help. If there isn't Government agencies to help there are community service organizations and churches as well as individuals that would contribute to a worthy cause. Some people seem to think some goals are like a canyon they must cross and if the problem was looked at in the right perspective it is really a tiny crack between a couple of rocks they could easily step over.

Gunter and Nancy were there. I was expecting to see Roger M and his wife (from the health club we used to go to) - but never saw them.

I am still feeling terrible from drinking too much.

1 comment:

  1. "I am still feeling terrible from drinking too much."

    Hehehehehehehehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Be a friend, subscribe and follow my blog!