Hastings Chessperadoes Chess Club - First Night

Tonight was the first night for the Hastings Chessperadoes Chess Club. Jack W. was there to help me. Jack is a young adult that knows about quite a bit about chess. He use to help Richard V with the Chess Club. I told Jack if he wanted to, he could be responsible for some of the instruction. He mentioned that it would be good for his Resume. I concurred.

We had the kids play some Bug House chess.

I put Jack to doing some on-line research in Chess Tournaments in the local area for him to present in the next Tuesday class. I'll have to figure out what I would like to teach the kids next week.

I'm not sure if there is much interest in doing a ladder match this session. With only an hour for each class there may not always be enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Be a friend, subscribe and follow my blog!